WordPress Tutorial – WordPress is web publishing software you can use to create your own website or blog. WordPress was initially released on 27th May, 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. WordPress was announced as open source in October 2009.
WordPress is also a highly flexible content management system (CMS) that enables you to build and manage your own full-featured website using just your web browser. It’s completely free.
The Content Management System (CMS) is a software which stores all the data such as text, photos, music, documents, etc. and is made available on your website. It helps in editing, publishing and modifying the content of the website.
Features of WordPress – There are many features of WordPress –
- Open Source – That means that there are hundreds of people all around the world working on improving WordPress. And because WordPress is an open source project it’s also completely free.
- User-friendly – You can easily manage and update your own content — without having to learn HTML. In fact, if you know how to use the basic formatting tools in a program like Microsoft Word, you can edit your site.
- Flexible and extensible – There are thousands of plugins and themes that enable you to easily change the entire look of your website, or even add new features like polls or contact forms, with just a few clicks.
- Easy to find support – There are also thousands of WordPress developers and designers who can help you. The official WordPress Forum is a great place to get answers to your questions.
- WordPress is SEO-friendly – It provides several search engine optimization (SEO) tools which makes on-site SEO simple.
- Multilingual − WordPress allows translating the entire content into the language preferred by the user.
- Control of your own content – It allows importing data in the form of posts. It imports custom files, comments, post pages and tags.