AJAX is based on the following open standards:
- Browser-based presentation using HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Data is stored in XML format and fetched from the server.
- Behind-the-scenes data fetches using XMLHttpRequest objects in the browser.
AJAX is vary useful for developers because they can –
- Update a web page without reloading the page
- Request data from a server – after the page has loaded
- Receive data from a server – after the page has loaded
- Send data to a server – in the background.