Here is the list of important core features supported by jQuery −
- Latest Technology − The jQuery supports CSS3 selectors and basic XPath syntax.
- Cross Browser Support − The jQuery has cross-browser support, and works well in IE 6.0+, FF 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, Chrome and Opera 9.0+
- Lightweight − The jQuery is very lightweight library – about 19KB in size ( Minified and gzipped ).
- Animations − The jQuery comes with plenty of built-in animation effects which you can use in your websites.
- DOM manipulation − The jQuery made it easy to select DOM elements, traverse them and modifying their content by using cross-browser open source selector engine called Sizzle.
- Event handling − The jQuery offers an elegant way to capture a wide variety of events, such as a user clicking on a link, without the need to clutter the HTML code itself with event handlers.
- AJAX Support − The jQuery helps you a lot to develop a responsive and feature-rich site using AJAX technology.